KINGS MOUNTAIN, N.C. (May 12, 2016) — Today, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. officially opens its newest service center, a 61-door facility located just off I-85.
The Kings Mountain Service Center, located at 604 Innovation Drive in Kings Mountain, NC 28086, is an expansion of the Charlotte service center.
The Thomasville, N.C.-based less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier, which is over 80 years old, has nine service centers in North Carolina. Terminals are located in or near the cities of Wilmington, Fayetteville, Wilson, Durham, Ashville, Hickory, Charlotte and Greensboro.
"With the opening of this 11-acre state-of-the-art location, we will have additional resources to help us continue delivering premium service," said Gerry Broadwell, OD regional vice president of the Mid-South. "These premium services -- domestic LTL, global, expedited and household moving -- enable Old Dominion to exceed customer's expectations and help them keep promises."
Due to rapid growth in the Charlotte market, the Kings Mountain expansion became necessary to continue to assure premium service to customers. The newly renovated service center will serve the area west of the Catawba River from Charlotte.
The Kings Mountain Service Center provides premium service to a number of cities in the area, including Kings Mountain, Shelby, Forest City, Rutherfordton, Gaffney, Blacksburg, Clover, York, Rock Hill, Chester, Great Falls, Gastonia, Belmont, Mount Holly and Stanley.
For more information about Old Dominion, visit www.odfl.com or call (800) 432-6335. On Twitter: @ODFL_Inc and Facebook: Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.
About Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) is a leading, less-than-truckload ("LTL"), union-free company providing premium service to all its customers. OD offers regional, inter-regional and national LTL service. In addition to its core LTL services, the company offers its customers a broad range of logistics services including ground and air expedited transportation, supply chain consulting, transportation management, truckload brokerage, container delivery and warehousing. In addition, Old Dominion offers a consumer product for household moving: OD Household Services. Through strategic partnerships, the Company also offers international freight forwarding services throughout the world. Old Dominion's claims ratio and on-time record are among the best in the industry. For more than 80 years, Old Dominion has been helping the world keep promises.
Recently, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
• NASSTRAC honored the company as 2016 Multi-Regional LTL Carrier of the Year for the fourth consecutive year.
• Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion one of America's Best Employers in 2015
• Fortune named CEO David Congdon to its 2015 Businessperson of the Year list.
• For the sixth consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with its Quest for Quality Award.
• The ATA Transportation Security Council awarded OD with its 2015 Excellence in Claims and Loss Prevention Award for the third consecutive year.
• Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the sixth consecutive year.
• 2015 SmartWay Excellence Award winner.
• Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2015 Top 100 Trucker and named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) List for the fifth consecutive year.
• Commercial Carrier Journal ranked OD No. 10 on the 2015 Top 250 Carriers list.
• SupplyChainBrain named ODFL in its 2015 "100 Great Supply Chain Partners" listing.
• Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies for three consecutive years.
# # #
More Info: http://ODFL.com