The facility provides an area of 10,000 square metres for the receipt, storage and distribution of temperature sensitive materials, such as vaccines, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.
The warehouse operates in compliance with the Good Distribution Practices (GDP) and Good Storage Practices (GSP) for pharmaceutical products. It allows storage within different temperature ranges (15 to 25 degrees Celsius, 2 to -8 degrees Celsius, and -25/-15 degrees C).
"The FM Logistic cold chain warehouse at Bucharest will help pharmaceutical companies answer the strong rise in pharmaceutical consumption in Romania," says Christophe Menivard, FM Logistic's director for Eastern Europe.
For the twelve months ended 31 March 2018, sales of pharmaceutical drugs in Romania rose 11.8% to €3.15 billion, according to a report by market research firm Cegedim. This growth is driven by stronger consumer demand and efforts to improve access to healthcare. Health expenses in Romania have historically been lower than in the European Union as a whole. In 2015, Romania spent 4.9% of its GDP on health, much less than the EU average of 9.9%, according to a European Commission study (State of Health in the EU, Romania, Country Health Profile 2017).
Among FM Logistic's pharmaceutical customers in Romania are Sanofi and Zentiva.
FM Logistic operates five facilities in Romania, including three logistics platforms totalling 95,000 sqm (107,639 square feet) in Timisoara, Bucharest and Dambovita, and two cross-docking hubs in Cluj and Bacau. With a workforce of 750 people in Romania, FM Logistic provides its clients with logistics services such as warehousing, handling, secondary packaging and international transport.
High res pictures of the FM Logistic pharma facility can be downloaded on FM Logistic's website at:
https://bit.ly/2ByIsEH, https://bit.ly/2N3r2Va, https://bit.ly/2Gqtc0O, https://bit.ly/2S0qIrv, https://bit.ly/2RXrQvY
Technical specifications of the FM Logistic cold storage warehouse in Bucharest:
- 10,000 sqm of dedicated temperature-controlled space
- Storage capacity of 14,500 pallets
- GDP and GSP certified
- Accredited by Romania's National Agency for Medicines and Medical Devices (NAMMD)
- Storage within different temperature ranges: 15/25 degrees Celsius; +2/ + 8 degrees C; -25/-15 degrees C
- Temperature and humidity measurement devices to ensure optimal quality assurance (Pharma Quality Assurance) and quality control (Pharma Quality Control) throughout the whole logistics processes
- Regular thermal mapping (on winter and summer) of the facility
- Power backup system
- Equipped with up-to-date security and 24-hour CCTV surveillance systems
- Eco-friendly built and equipped - LEED certification underway
- Separate area of 10,000 square metres for the storage of cosmetics, FMCG and food products
- Additional area of 1,150 square metres for co-packing activities (with GMP licensing underway)
About FM Logistic:
Founded in France in 1967, FM Logistic is a family-owned independent logistics company with revenues of €1.2 billion in the fiscal year to March 2018, two-thirds of which made outside of France. It is active in 14 countries across Europe, Asia and Latin America (Brazil) and employs more than 26,000 people.
FM Logistic invests in innovation to offer logistics, transport and co-packing solutions that answer changing consumer demands, the rise of e-commerce and omni-channel distribution. It serves a balanced portfolio of international and local companies in the FMCG, retail, perfume & cosmetics, industrial manufacturing and healthcare industries.
You can follow FM Logistic on Twitter at @FMLogistic
External communication manager
Phone: +33 6 45 99 91 58
More Info: http://www.fmlogistic.com/eng-gb/Media/Media
Copyright ©2023. All Rights ReservedDesign, CMS, Hosting & Web Development :: ePublishing