Oakland, CA—September 27, 2017 — Navis, a part of Cargotec Corporation, and the provider of operational technologies and services that unlock greater performance and efficiency for the world's leading organizations across the shipping supply chain, today announced that registration for the 2017 Carrier and Vessel Solutions Customer Conference is now open. The conference will take place on November 21, 2017 in Hamburg, Germany, bringing together Navis and XVELA product experts and customers, as well as industry leaders for workshop sessions and collaborative discussions on the transformative technologies for digitalization and collaboration. At the customer conference, participants will explore technology developments that have the potential to unlock operational efficiencies through real-time communication and connected intelligence and significantly improve vessel performance and stowage, compliance and information transparency.
The maritime shipping industry is in the midst of a significant transformation to increase efficiency, visibility and customer service across the supply chain that has historically been riddled with inefficiencies. As such, ocean carrier, ship owner and ship manager customers attending the conference will learn about the future impact of digitalization and collaboration in meeting these goals. The event will include product updates and roadmaps for Navis Carrier and Vessel Solutions, including INTERSCHALT products that will now be part of Navis: the fleet performance management software Bluetracker, loading computer MACS3, and the stowage planning software StowMan. Attendees will also learn about XVELA's cloud collaboration platform for terminal operators and ocean carriers, including solutions for collaborative stowage planning and berth window management. This comprehensive set of solutions combines to further optimize terminal performance, vessel performance and terminal-carrier collaboration - driving greater transparency, efficiency and profitability across the ocean supply chain.
Sessions for the conference are organized in three tracks - Performance, Collaboration and Compliance. A sample of presentations topics at the event include:
• Product Developments in StowMan that speed up the stowage planning process and optimize utilization of allocated space onboard.
• MACS3 Enhancements that improve the stowage of general cargo and share MACS3 updates for container vessels, multipurpose vessels, bulk carriers and tanker vessels.
• Performance Monitoring including benchmarking hull performance and voyage operation.
• The XVELA Cloud Collaboration Platform that improves visibility, real-time communication and connectivity between terminal operators and ocean carriers.
• Charter Owner Collaboration illustrating how technology can foster the charter party process.
• Collaborative Berth Window Management to gain valuable visibility through berth optimization.
• Event-based Reporting to optimize onboard reporting to meet upcoming regulations such as MRV, IMO DCS, etc.
• Hullstress Monitoring, polar code and the latest lashing regulations in MACS3 loading computer.
• IMDG News providing updates to ensure safe vessel stowage.
Customers attending this year's conference will also learn more about the benefits of the INTERSCHALT acquisition. The strategic acquisition combines the Navis, XVELA and INTERSCHALT terminal-centric and vessel-centric industry knowledge and software talent to develop and deliver new solutions that will benefit terminals, carriers and their shipping partners by providing operational technologies and digital services that not only unlock greater performance, compliance and efficiencies for its customers, but also foster customer collaboration.
For more information and registration details, please visit: http://navis.com/carrier-vessel-conference
About Navis, LLC
Navis, a part of Cargotec Corporation, is a provider of operational technologies and services that unlock greater performance and efficiency for the world's leading terminal operators and ocean carriers. Navis combines industry best practices with innovative technology and world-class services to enable our customers to maximize performance and reduce risk. Whether tracking cargo through a port, automating equipment operations, or managing multiple terminals through an integrated, centralized solution, Navis provides a holistic approach to operational optimization, providing customers with improved visibility, velocity and measurable business results. www.navis.com
About Cargotec Corporation
Cargotec (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) is a leading provider of cargo and load handling solutions with the goal of becoming the leader in intelligent cargo handling. Cargotec's sales in 2016 totaled approximately EUR 3.5 billion and it employs over 11,000 people. www.cargotec.com