High-volume distribution centers moving variable-sized packages and parcels often face a bottleneck at the label applicator. Bell and Howell unveiled its Raptor™ series labeling solution today in Booth 4175 at the MODEX 2016 supply-chain tradeshow in Atlanta to address this critical area. The system's high throughput and easy label roll changeover can reduce the number of labelers needed and increase the performance of a production line currently limited by traditional labelers.
The Raptor series improves upon the throughput, reliability and ease of use of Bell and Howell's Signature series labeling solution which, itself, was one of the fastest solutions in the industry when it was introduced three years ago. Raptor labelers provide numerous advantages over alternatives:
• Industry-leading throughput applies a 6" label to cartons that vary 36" in height at a rate of up to 70 packages per minute
• Liner-free label technology delivers 80 percent more labels per roll compared to traditional labelers, minimizing roll changeover and reducing waste
• Variable-length labels are produced dynamically by a single unit, eliminating the need for dedicated systems for each label size
• Unique label-on-label mode allows standard label stock to be used to apply return label, packing slip and shipping labels in a stack, eliminating the labor, cost and poor reliability of alternatives
• Advanced technology achieves print speed of 14 inches per second with ANSI grade A/B barcodes for typical labels
• Patented and proven high-speed label cutter is self-sharpening and auto-lubricating for trouble-free operation
• Modular components are replaceable in minutes, and label supply rolls can be changed in under one minute, expediting maintenance and reducing downtime
• Pivoting design allows the print-and-apply mechanism to be easily adjusted and serviced
• Readily integrates with external systems to retrieve label data, perform high-speed tracking and perform intelligent exception handling.
Company: Bell and Howell