Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage, develop, and test emerging technologies at the PULSE COE in Grand Rapids, MI for use on integration projects.
• Manage all operations of the COE including equipment, facilities, and systems.
• Procure any and all necessary equipment to be used by the COE for development and testing.
• Work with contract software developers to test and optimize software and controls for all applicable needs.
• Responsible for leading and overseeing mechanical designs with 3rd party manufacturers.
• Responsible for preparation of demonstrations for customer visits and trade shows.
• Coordinate and attend supplier training for products to be integrated into all designed equipment.
• Travel expectations are approximately 20%
Job Qualifications and Skills
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
• Minimum of three years of work experience in the material handling industry, controls, and systems.
• Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on effective oral and written communication.
• Ability to quickly absorb technical knowledge of new products and their application within the supply chain, warehousing, distribution and material handling systems space.
• Strong proficiency in AutoCAD 2D and 3D modeling.
• Work may require lifting and delivering packages, or equipment on an intermittent basis, weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Work requires correctable vision, ability to identify and distinguish colors, depth perception, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate computer terminal, telephone and office equipment for long periods of time.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Mental activities involve concentrated and extremely demanding attention.
• Ability to hear and speak English language clearly and concisely for heavy telephone contact.
About Our Firm
PULSE Integration is based in Pittston, Pennsylvania. The firm combines design expertise and seamless integration with intentional transparency to provide clients with scalable engineered solutions. Cultivating over 45 years of material handling experience, PULSE helps companies leverage the right mix of technology (digital and physical) in their facilities. We provide Agnostic Solutions such as automation facility design, fulfillment strategies and material handling solutions for clients in the following markets:
• Production / Processing
• Distribution / Warehouse
We offer a generous base salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, PTO, and 401(k) retirement plan. Please send your letter of introduction and resume info@PULSE-si.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted to request a completed Employment Application with a telephone interview to follow.