Western Pacific Storage Solutions, premier manufacturer of supply-chain storage systems for industry and retail just announced a new addition to their trusted line of shelving and platform products - the Western Pacific Accu-Wall shelving system.
Accu-Wall integrates with any put-to-light or pick-to-light system you may obtain from those who manufacture light-directed technology.
It's all about speed and accuracy in e-commerce. At the warehouse and distribution center level, the Omni-Channel, consumer-centric experience requires optimized throughput and increased accuracy. Warehouse and order fulfillment centers must select shelving expressly designed to eliminate human error.
Western Pacific is responding to the growing market demand for affordable, throughput-maximizing
options by leveraging the power of light-directed technology to extend the flexibility of their product
range. The new product allows for both pass thru and closed backs. Now integrators and distributors who choose select Western Pacific Accu-Wall shelving units can easily offer the advantages of various light directed systems to their valued customers.
Pick-to-Light is ideal for fulfillment operations processing a medium to high number of orders, with a low to medium number of lines per order.
• Increased productivity and accuracy plus reduced labor hours and errors provide a fast ROI.
Put-to-Light is commonly used in e-commerce and direct to-consumer order fulfillment. It is ideal for companies with a large number of products, batch picking multiple orders at once.
• The put system directs sorting of the batches into individual direct-to-consumer orders
Now, you can marry robust shelving with two different versions of the Accu-Wall in their most popular shelving configurations:
• Deluxe and Pacific brand Clip Shelving
• RiveTier® Boltless Shelving
The Deluxe line, with integrated pass-thru, or closed-back units, is offered with or without knee braces. Box posts at corners increase stability and provide extra rigidity.
RiveTier®, the original boltless shelving features box posts, wide sections, and a sloped shelf available with one, or two bays.
Benefits of the Western Pacific Accu-Wall shelving system
• Increased pick rate productivity, average 40% over manual methods
• Warehouse and DC space savings: a 24" shelf means more layout options and increased flexibility.
Western Pacific's smart-systems can reveal hidden capacity within your existing space.
• Lean Manufacturing: Pick-to-Light is frequently used in lean manufacturing environments for kitting and assembly.
Some sixty years ago, color-coded filing systems were introduced into the world of medical records.
The benefits of this new system increased accuracy and efficiency by leaps and bounds.
Today, pick-to-light and put-to-light systems (light directed technology manufactured by others—NOT by
WPSS) benefit warehouses and distribution centers in much the same way.
• Light-directed systems work well in high density areas, to reduce walk time associated with paper-based picking.
• Put-to-Light systems are cost efficient. They don't require a light at every SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) in
Tom Rogers, Western Pacific Storage Solutions President and CEO, states, "At Western Pacific, we go the extra mile to offer customized storage solutions featuring the latest innovations from the world of technology. We are pleased to offer our new Accu-Wall shelving system to material handling professionals who wish to seamlessly incorporate light-directed options for their customers."
Company: Western Pacific Storage Solutions
Company URL: http://www.wpss.com