Industrial health and safety experts to headline National Forklift Safety Day 2019
Program for sixth annual Industrial Truck Association (ITA) event, slated for June 11in Washington, D.C., reflects industry's commitment to safety and education.
The Industrial Truck Association (ITA) created National Forklift Safety Day as an opportunity for the industry to educate customers, policymakers, and government officials about the safe use of forklifts and the importance of proper operator training. The lineup of speakers at the sixth annual event, to be held June 11 in Washington, D.C., reflects the lift truck industry's strong commitment to safety and education.
Leading the program will be ITA President Brian Feehan and National Forklift Safety Day 2019 Chairman Don C. Buckman, environmental health and safety manager and corporate responsibility leader for Hyster-Yale Group.
On June 10, an educational program for members and invited guests will highlight government policies and regulations affecting forklift operator training and safety. The main event will be held June 11, with a morning program on a variety of forklift safety-related topics. In the afternoon, ITA members will visit Capitol Hill to meet with their congressional representatives.
National Forklift Safety Daywill feature presentations by experts from industry and government. Speakers will include:
- A representative of the U.S. House of Representatives Education and Labor Congressional Committee (TBA)
- Loren Sweatt, acting assistant secretary, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Scott Johnson, chairman, ITA board of directors, Clark Material Handling Company
- Don Buckman, National Forklift Safety Day chair, Hyster-Yale Group
- Charles Brooks, Risk Consultants of America Inc.
- Brian Duffy, director of corporate environmental and manufacturing safety, Crown Equipment Corp.
The Tuesday, June 11, program, which is open to forklift end users, will take place at the National Press Club, 529 14thSt. NW, in Washington. The event is free but advance registration is required. To register, go to https://www.indtrk.org/national-forklift-safety-day. For more information, contact ITA online or (202) 296-9880.
On National Forklift Safety Day, forklift manufacturers and dealers around the country will also hold local events to enhance awareness of safe practices in warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, and other environments where forklifts are in use.
ITA represents manufacturers of lift trucks, AGVs, and similar equipment in North America. The organization promotes standards development, advances engineering and safety practices, disseminates statistical information, and holds industry forums.
Resources Mentioned In This Article
- East Penn acquires majority share of Navitas Systems
- National Forklift Safety Day 2019 focuses on progress, best practices
- Power play for battery technology
- Lift truck makers celebrate National Forklift Safety Day 2019 with special offers and local events
- UniCarriers launches finance program for dealers
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
Feedback: What did you think of this article? We'd like to hear from you. DC VELOCITY is committed to accuracy and clarity in the delivery of important and useful logistics and supply chain news and information. If you find anything in DC VELOCITY you feel is inaccurate or warrants further explanation, please ?Subject=Feedback - : Industrial health and safety experts to headline National Forklift Safety Day 2019">contact Chief Editor David Maloney. All comments are eligible for publication in the letters section of DC VELOCITY magazine. Please include you name and the name of the company or organization your work for.