Purolator offers holiday shipping tips
Canadian logistics provider reminds customers to ship early and follow 12 tips for successful holiday deliveries.
Canadian parcel delivery and logistics provider Purolator is offering a list of holiday shipping tips to prepare for the more than 20 million parcels it expects to deliver this holiday season, the company said this week.
Toronto-based Purolator is asking customers to send their packages as soon as possible and to follow these shipping tips:
- Place gifts in the center of the box or carton, ensuring all items fit well and don't protrude.
- Wrap all items with protective packaging. Use at least three inches thick for fragile items.
- Be sure to fill in hollow spaces with bubble wrap and use cardboard inserts to protect edges for gifts such as books and picture frames.
- Avoid using wrapping paper to ship a gift, as it can get damaged during the delivery cycle. Instead, try durable bubble wrap and boxes.
- Affix appropriate labels when required: heavy weight, glass and liquid.
- Avoid using previously used boxes, which can lose their strength over time.
- Avoid using glue, masking tape, cellophane tape or opaque tape to seal boxes. Plastic, pressure-sensitive packing tape is the best way to seal your shipments.
- Never tie a package with string, rope or elastic bands. These items may get caught in processing equipment or torn off, damaging the package.
- Affix clearly visible shipping and receiving addresses with postal codes on each package in your shipment.
- Retain your package identification number for easy tracking. Purolator customers can visit www.purolator.com to track packages.
- Check the carrier's website to schedule a pickup or find out where to drop off packages; Purolator customers can visit www.purolator.com.
- Contact the carrier for assistance. Purolator customers can call 1-888-SHIP-123, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the online chat function at www.purolator.com.
Purolator also reminded customers of its ship-by dates for parcel delivery by December 24:
- Canada, next-day delivery (where available), Dec. 20
- United States, next-day delivery (where available), Dec. 20
- United States via Purolator Ground, Dec. 13
- Mexico, Caribbean, South and Central America, Dec. 18
- Wester Europe (including the United Kingdom, France and Germany), Dec. 18
- Australia, Dec. 18
- East Asia, Dec. 17
- Other international destinations (Eastern Europe, Africa, South Asia, the Middle East), Dec. 11
Resources Mentioned In This Article
- Uber Freight expands brokerage service to Europe
- South Carolina Ports Authority logs record container volume for February
- Rhenus Logistics acquires Rodair Group
- Trade conference offers updates on customs policies, China tariffs, cargo insurance
- Study: truckers find average cost of mechanical repair rises again
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
Feedback: What did you think of this article? We'd like to hear from you. DC VELOCITY is committed to accuracy and clarity in the delivery of important and useful logistics and supply chain news and information. If you find anything in DC VELOCITY you feel is inaccurate or warrants further explanation, please ?Subject=Feedback - : Purolator offers holiday shipping tips">contact Chief Editor David Maloney. All comments are eligible for publication in the letters section of DC VELOCITY magazine. Please include you name and the name of the company or organization your work for.