Kardex Remstar adds controller to its storage solutions
Automated storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS) company Kardex Remstar has designed a simple "onboard controller" for its vertical lift module and carousel storage solutions.
By DC Velocity Staff
Automated storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS) company Kardex Remstar has designed a simple "onboard controller" for its vertical lift module and carousel storage solutions. Called Logicontrol 100, the new device not only controls the machine but also replaces pen-and-paper inventory lists.
The controller combines hardware, basic software, and an operator terminal. It has a touchscreen and can display information such as part name and number, location in the storage unit, and an action (such as pick, put, or count). The operator can then use the machine to move the trays into the access area and pick or put the required part.
The Logicontrol is abe to keep track of 1,000 stock-keeping units (SKUs), 8,000 storage locations, and seven bin sizes. It can provide users with a way to check inventory levels at any time. The part information can be entered into the system either manually or as a CSV or text file.
Because the Logicontrol is an entirely controller-based solution, it does not require a PC workstation. This makes it ideal for smaller warehouses or stand-alone operations that are looking for a simple, low-cost solution and have an unskilled workforce.
Logicontrol 100 now comes standard on all Kardex Remstar Shuttle XP VLM and Megamat RS vertical carousels.
Kardex Remstar is also slated to release Logicontrol 200, which will also include reporting and inventory management functionality. For example, Logicontrol 200 will be able to display part quantity and perform first-in/first-out (FIFO) and random storage.
More coverage from ProMat 2013
- Honeywell unveils vehicle-mount computer, 2-D scanner
- Reddwerks launches 4th-generation WMS/WCS
- Tecsys debuts new purchasing solution
- Software exec: Expect to see more "advance order pool modeling"
- Duosys AS/RS runs two cranes in same aisle
- Newcastle Systems powers workstations on the go
- Hannibal Industries enters shelving market
- MHIA rebrands, changes name to "MHI"
- Dematic's Baysore sees demand growing for automation
- Hytrol enhances product line
- M9705 lightweight Android tablet combines rugged construction with ease of use
- Kardex Remstar unveils light pointer for vertical lift module
- iWarehouse solutions help managers optimize assets, labor
- Freebox packaging system produces ready-for-shipment custom cartons
- Technology aids move to multichannel distribution
- Double duty: Cubiscan 125 measures/weighs both boxes and odd items
- Modest growth predicted for material handling equipment sector
- TGW Systems adapts genome-mapping techniques to system design
- Electrics continue to dominate lift truck market
- Conveyor control system maximizes throughput while assuring gentle handling
- Dematic introduces high-density pallet storage solutions
- Orbis displays hygienic, X-rayable pallets at ProMat
- Emerson offers heavy-duty belts for conveyors
- Mispicks cost individual warehouses $389,000 per year
- Opex debuts picking solution
- Sick unveils RFID reader
- Infor revises its execution software
- Voxware moves cloudward
- MCFA introduces Jungheinrich Warehouse Navigation system to North American market
- High-speed order picking system optimizes DC space
- PointGuard provides plastic protection for wood pallets
- Hannibal Industries introduces new tubular racking system
- SDI Group integrates globally
- Cushman expands its line of burden carriers
- Wildeck 4XLift built to carry heavy loads
- Gatekeeper prevents falls
- Knapp unveils tote transport
- Yale expands warehouse product offerings
- Hyster introduces ruggedized electric truck
- Forget plastics ... think mushrooms
- Beumer Group debuts energy efficient Crisplant tilt-tray sorter
- StorFast AS/RS uses carts to get the most out of existing warehouse space
- Ecotality adds to Minit-Charger line
- Motorola showcases a host of new products at ProMat
- Komatsu launches hydrostatic drive lift truck
- Pallet Mole provides high-density storage
- Murata unveils two new products
- Cognex expands bar-code reader line
- New electric forklift designed with operator in mind