Captured on video: bad warehouse practices
DC Velocity blogger interviews WERC attendees about worst practices.
By DC Velocity Staff
Bad warehouse practices abound, and we are out to expose them.
In her blog for DC Velocity, Kate Vitasek, founder of the Supply Chain Visions consultancy, reports on the bad warehouse practices that she has learned about from our readers and from her own experience. Now, we're taking the process a step further. During the WERC conference in Anaheim Calif., last week, Vitasek interviewed attendees about the bad warehouse practices they have seen, and we captured them on tape.
Watch for "You Might Have a Bad Warehouseâ€¦" video interviews to become part of Vitasek's blog in the near future. We will roll them out one at a time.
The idea behind the blog is not, of course, simply to point out bad practices but to suggest ways to overcome them. Vitasek's and DC Velocity's goal is to help drive practices that improve warehouse performance. For advice that could help improve your facility, visit Vitasek's blog, which she updates regularly.
More coverage from WERC Annual Conference 2010
- How do the nation's DCs measure up?
- WERC keynote presentation: Help your company tell its story
- Starbucks' supply chain finds success through simplicity
- How to make a better team
- How to do more with less
- The best ideas from five WERC experts
- Tips for improving item traceability
- Optimal packaging = supply chain savings
- Technology improves cross-generational understanding in the DC
- When does it make sense to bypass your DC?