Emerson offers heavy-duty belts for conveyors
Emerson introduced two new modular plastic belts that the company says offer nonskid conveyor surfaces for heavy-duty material handling and for automotive assembly lines.
By DC Velocity Staff
Emerson, a St. Louis-based technology and engineering firm, introduced two new modular plastic belts that the company says offer nonskid conveyor surfaces for heavy-duty material handling and for automotive assembly lines.
The new belts have load ratings of up to 7,800 pounds per foot, the company says. They are particularly well suited for conveying barrels, kegs, or vehicles. The belts can be used in a conveyor retrofit using existing rails. "It offers a nice, clean retrofit," says Jeff Himes, senior product manager for System Plast Power Transmission Solutions, part of Emerson's Industrial Automation business.
The System Plast 2508 heavy-duty belt handles loads up to 5,400 pounds per foot. The System Plast 2630 extra-heavy-duty belt handles loads up to 7,800 pounds per foot. Those loads are among the highest in the industry. The 2508 heavy-duty belt is 0.87 inches thick and is available in widths of 11.8 to 196.8 inches. The extra-heavy-duty 2630 is 1.2 inches thick and available in widths of 3.9 to 196.8 inches.
In addition to the heavy capacity, the belts provide energy savings compared to chain and live roller conveyor for heavy loads. Himes says the belts provide higher conveyor capacity and higher speeds. Those benefits yielded a $34,000 increase in revenue for a $35,000 installation at a PepsiCo facility, he said.
More coverage from ProMat 2013
- Honeywell unveils vehicle-mount computer, 2-D scanner
- Reddwerks launches 4th-generation WMS/WCS
- Tecsys debuts new purchasing solution
- Software exec: Expect to see more "advance order pool modeling"
- Duosys AS/RS runs two cranes in same aisle
- Kardex Remstar adds controller to its storage solutions
- Newcastle Systems powers workstations on the go
- Hannibal Industries enters shelving market
- MHIA rebrands, changes name to "MHI"
- Dematic's Baysore sees demand growing for automation
- Hytrol enhances product line
- M9705 lightweight Android tablet combines rugged construction with ease of use
- Kardex Remstar unveils light pointer for vertical lift module
- iWarehouse solutions help managers optimize assets, labor
- Freebox packaging system produces ready-for-shipment custom cartons
- Technology aids move to multichannel distribution
- Double duty: Cubiscan 125 measures/weighs both boxes and odd items
- Modest growth predicted for material handling equipment sector
- TGW Systems adapts genome-mapping techniques to system design
- Electrics continue to dominate lift truck market
- Conveyor control system maximizes throughput while assuring gentle handling
- Dematic introduces high-density pallet storage solutions
- Orbis displays hygienic, X-rayable pallets at ProMat
- Mispicks cost individual warehouses $389,000 per year
- Opex debuts picking solution
- Sick unveils RFID reader
- Infor revises its execution software
- Voxware moves cloudward
- MCFA introduces Jungheinrich Warehouse Navigation system to North American market
- High-speed order picking system optimizes DC space
- PointGuard provides plastic protection for wood pallets
- Hannibal Industries introduces new tubular racking system
- SDI Group integrates globally
- Cushman expands its line of burden carriers
- Wildeck 4XLift built to carry heavy loads
- Gatekeeper prevents falls
- Knapp unveils tote transport
- Yale expands warehouse product offerings
- Hyster introduces ruggedized electric truck
- Forget plastics ... think mushrooms
- Beumer Group debuts energy efficient Crisplant tilt-tray sorter
- StorFast AS/RS uses carts to get the most out of existing warehouse space
- Ecotality adds to Minit-Charger line
- Motorola showcases a host of new products at ProMat
- Komatsu launches hydrostatic drive lift truck
- Pallet Mole provides high-density storage
- Murata unveils two new products
- Cognex expands bar-code reader line
- New electric forklift designed with operator in mind