SmartWay winners recognized
By DC Velocity Staff
The Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) SmartWay Transport Partnership presented its annual Excellence Awards to 27 carriers, shippers, and logistics companies during a ceremony at the conference.
"The EPA 2008 SmartWay Excellence Awards recognize groups for their superior efforts to reduce fuel use and lower carbon emissions from freight transport," the EPA said in a press release announcing the awards. "This year's recipients have integrated a broad range of innovative fuel-saving strategies into their freight and fleet operations, moving the nation toward cleaner air and greater energy security."
To see a full list of the winners, go to SmartWay Award Winners.
More coverage from CSCMP's 2008 Global Conference
- Economy falters but execs hold steady at CSCMP
- Risk management: A view from the White House
- Logistics costs and services 2008
- Hard road ahead for physical infrastructure
- Higher oil prices = new supply chain strategy
- For Wal-Mart, sustainability adds up
- The top green concern – waste handling
- "Green" lessons from Europe
- Dell looks to 3PLs
- Recovering from a near-3PL disaster
- How to kill a "sacred cow"
- Cisco moves forward in reverse
- Supply chain triage
- Rumors of RFID's death are greatly exaggerated
- It's what's inside that counts
- Treat your career like a business
- How to succeed in cross-cultural negotiations
- Truckload still capturing most freight dollars
- Here come the robots
- Roger Woody becomes CSCMP chair
- CSCMP names winners of its top awards
- Video Reports from CSCMP's 2008 Annual Global Conference