Roger Woody becomes CSCMP chair
By DC Velocity Staff
Roger W. Woody, who manages supply chain strategy for EMBARQ Logistics, was elected Chair of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals' (CSCMP) Board of Directors at the group's annual conference last week.
A 20-year logistics and supply chain management veteran, Woody has held management positions with Hallmark Cards, Yellow/Roadway Corporation, Delfour, and Sprint.
He has been a CSCMP member since the mid-1980s and is an active member of the Kansas City, Missouri-based, Heartland Roundtable. He served on CSCMP's Board of Directors as the Roundtable Chair for three years, most recently as CSCMP's 2007-2008 Board Chair Elect.
Woody serves on the Kansas State University School of Management and Business Advisory Council and the Kansas University Supply Chain Management Business Advisory Council. He currently teaches a supply chain class at the U.S. Army's Command & General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and is a frequent speaker at various colleges and universities in the Kansas City area.
More coverage from CSCMP's 2008 Global Conference
- Economy falters but execs hold steady at CSCMP
- Risk management: A view from the White House
- Logistics costs and services 2008
- Hard road ahead for physical infrastructure
- Higher oil prices = new supply chain strategy
- For Wal-Mart, sustainability adds up
- The top green concern – waste handling
- "Green" lessons from Europe
- Dell looks to 3PLs
- Recovering from a near-3PL disaster
- How to kill a "sacred cow"
- Cisco moves forward in reverse
- Supply chain triage
- Rumors of RFID's death are greatly exaggerated
- It's what's inside that counts
- Treat your career like a business
- How to succeed in cross-cultural negotiations
- Truckload still capturing most freight dollars
- Here come the robots
- SmartWay winners recognized
- CSCMP names winners of its top awards
- Video Reports from CSCMP's 2008 Annual Global Conference