RADFORD, VA - April 4, 2016 - Kollmorgen introduces the Programmable Controller Multi-axis Master (PCMMTM) - a powerful new motion controller that meets a broad range of OEM requirements for a wide range of machines. The PCMM delivers complete PLC and motion control functionality in a compact, easy-to-use controller. Integrated programming, configuration screens, and diagnostics in a single software package simplify and minimize setup time, resulting in faster time to market for OEMs.
The PCMM also offers superior scalability. It is versatile enough for a simple 1-axis machine as well as more complex machines with 100 or more axes. The PCMM often eliminates the need for large, expensive PCs. By using a single modular/scalable controller, OEMs are also able to reduce inventory, installation and design efforts. The compact size and multi-network connectivity of the PCMM help with modularity, meaning OEMs do not have to use multiple control platforms.
Key benefits and features of Kollmorgen's PCMM include:
• Higher performance motion and increased machine throughput
• IEC 61131-3 Programmable Automation and Motion Controller
• EtherCAT® Master for high-performance motion and device synchronization
• Coordinated control of up to 128 axes
• Synchronized path control, 250us for up to 32 axes
• Communication over TCP/IP, MODBUS®, EthernetIP®, Profinet® to host PLC, Computer, or Network
• Onboard Digital I/O with support for expansion I/O and other devices over EtherCAT®