CHICAGO—May 17, 2018 (James Street Media Services)— Registration is now open for the 251st meeting of the Midwest Association of Rail Shippers (MARS) that will be held July 16-17, 2018 at the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. The theme for the meeting is "Life Beyond Operating Ratio—Growing Pains."
"The North American freight rail industry has become more efficient than ever. Though, operating performance has recently hampered growth," said MARS President Harry Zander. "Our Summer Meeting will focus on how shippers can find ways to work with carriers to improve supply chain performance in a time of tightening motor carrier capacity."
The MARS Summer Meeting will feature key transportation executives and experts, including:
• Linda Bauer Darr, president, American Short Line and Regional Railroads Association;
• J.J. Ruest, interim president and CEO, and EVP, CMO of CN (invited);
• John E. Fenton, president and CEO, Patriot Rail;
• Dan Mack, vice president of transportation and terminal operations, CHS
• Gabriel Guerra Castellanos, president and CEO, Guerra Castellanos & Associates;
• Paul Titterton, SVP and chief commercial officer, GATX;
• Matt Elkott, vice president, industrials-transportation, Cowen; and
• Taylor Robinson, president, PLG Consulting.
More than 800 people attended the MARS Winter Meeting in January. The semiannual event includes speakers, presentations, and panels focusing on current issues facing the freight rail industry. MARS also provides a forum to educate and inform in the areas of railroad operating practices, new innovations in transportation, and legislative matters.
For the upcoming Summer Meeting, the schedule on Monday, July 16 includes the annual Scholarship Outing, a reception, and a networking buffet dinner. The business meeting is scheduled for a full day on Tuesday, July 17.
Monday and Tuesday, July 16-17, 2018
Grand Geneva Resort
7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Members $250; Non-members $275
Advance reservations are required for the conference and golf outing. For information or to register:
• Online conference information and registration at https://www.mwrailshippers.com/events/meeting-registration/
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: (630) 513-6700