RM2 USA and the RM2 Group are pleased to announce their support in an ambitious
Montreal Protocol amendment, joining more than 65 companies and leaders from 100 plus Countries that
are standing with the Obama Administration to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to climate action.
The Montreal Protocol is an amendment to phase down HFCs, which could avoid a rise in the world's
temperature by 0.5°C by the end of the century. The phase down is one of the most significant steps the
world can take now to deliver on the goals of the Paris Agreement.
"We declare our intent to work to reduce the use and emissions of high-global-warming-potential HFCs
and transition over time to more sustainable alternatives in a manner that maintains or increases energy
efficiency," said Matt Gilfillan, CEO of the Americas of RM2.
RM2 specializes in pallet development, manufacture, supply and management. Their goal is to establish a
leading presence in global pallet supply and improve the supply chain of manufacturing and distribution
businesses through the effective and efficient use and management of composite pallets. RM2's
customer-centric approach focuses on improving environmental efficiencies in the customer supply chain
and is committed to reducing the emissions intensity to produce the BLOCKPal™ composite pallet.
Following their commitment to the American Business Act on Climate Pledge in 2015, RM2 is proud to
support the Montreal Protocol Amendment and is dedicated to achieving outstanding environmental
performance for the company and their customers. RM2 pledges to take a comprehensive approach in
promoting sustainability, including:
• Reducing RM2 manufacturing GHG emissions intensity 20% by 2025, compared with its 2015 baseline.
• Reducing pallet-related CO2 emissions by 21% when customers switch from a conventional pallet to the
• Through projected customer usage, the RM2 BLOCKPal will help in the reduction of 1.9 million tons of
CO2 by 2025 and 4.4 million tons by 2030.
• RM2 will continue to explore investment in technologies, products and processes that promote
sustainability. It will continue to develop tracking and logistics software that provides real time
intelligence to monitor and optimize the efficient movement of any transit equipment.
• RM2 will continue its strategy to reduce the impact of manufacturing and operations in the areas of
water, waste and CO2 emissions. RM2's strategy includes:
1) The continued reduction of impact in fabrication and assembly operations
2) Further adoption of new technologies with reduced environmental impact
3) Seeking suppliers with similar eco-efficient strategies
4) Publishing annual RM2 CSR and Sustainability reports, starting in 2016
More Info: http://rm2.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/RM2-Joins-65-Companies-and-Leaders-from-100-Countries-for-Ambitious-Amendment-to-the-Montreal-Protocol-to-Phase-Down-HFCs_Press-Release_Sept.-22.pdf