THOMASVILLE, N.C. (July 11, 2016) - Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. received SupplyChainBrain's 2016 "100 Great Supply Chain Partners" award.
Customers make nominations based on: reliability, excellence, value, expertise, problem-solving, continuous improvement, support, positive attitude, global reach and strong leadership.
"This award is important, because it's based on the nomination of our customers and peers," said David Congdon, Old Dominion's Vice Chairman and CEO. "At Old Dominion we strive to provide our customers the premium service they expect, and to be recognized for that is an honor."
SupplyChainBrain has awarded service providers the "100 Great Supply Chain Partners" award for the past 14 years. This year represents the 10th time Old Dominion has received the award.
"Each year, our list of 100 Great Supply Chain Partners features a select group of companies whose customers recognize them for providing outstanding solutions and services," said Brad Berger, publisher of SupplyChainBrain.
"Over the course of our six-month online poll, we ask supply chain professionals to nominate vendors and service providers whose solutions have made a significant impact on their company's efficiency, customer service and overall supply chain performance." said Berger. "This year we received literally hundreds of nominations for solutions providers in every aspect of supply chain management."
The SupplyChainBrain 100 listing will appear in the magazine's July-August issue.
For more information about Old Dominion, visit www.odfl.com or call (800) 432-6335. On Twitter: @ODFL_Inc and Facebook: Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.
About Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) is a leading, less-than-truckload ("LTL"), union-free company providing premium service to all its customers. OD offers regional, inter-regional and national LTL service. In addition to its core LTL services, the company offers its customers a broad range of logistics services including ground and air expedited transportation, supply chain consulting, transportation management, truckload brokerage, container delivery and warehousing. In addition, Old Dominion offers a consumer product for household moving: OD Household Services. Through strategic partnerships, the Company also offers international freight forwarding services throughout the world. Old Dominion's claims ratio and on-time record are among the best in the industry. For more than 80 years, Old Dominion has been helping the world keep promises.
Recently, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
• SupplyChainBrain named ODFL in its 2016 "100 Great Supply Chain Partners" listing.
• Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2016 Top 100 Trucker and named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) List for the sixth consecutive year.
• NASSTRAC honored the company as 2016 Multi-Regional LTL Carrier of the Year for the fourth consecutive year.
• Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion one of America's Best Employers in 2015
• Fortune named CEO David Congdon to its 2015 Businessperson of the Year list.
• For the sixth consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with its Quest for Quality Award.
• The ATA Transportation Security Council awarded OD with its 2015 Excellence in Claims and Loss Prevention Award for the third consecutive year.
• Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the sixth consecutive year.
• 2015 SmartWay Excellence Award winner.
• Commercial Carrier Journal ranked OD No. 10 on the 2015 Top 250 Carriers list.
• Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies for three consecutive years.
# # #
More Info: http://ODFL.com