ORLANDO, Fla. (May 10, 2016) - Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. has been named NASSTRAC 2016 Carrier of the Year in the Multi Regional LTL category. This is the fourth consecutive year OD has received the honor.
Old Dominion earned the annual award based on its premium service, operational excellence, competitive pricing, business relationship effectiveness, executive leadership and technological innovation in the LTL industry.
"We are honored to receive this year's NASSTRAC award for the fourth consecutive year," said David Congdon, Old Dominion's Vice Chairman and CEO. "OD helps customers keep their promises and we are always gratified for the recognition on how we deliver premium service across our operations."
NASSTRAC, the National Shippers Strategic Transportation Council, is a national trade association for freight shippers. The group presented the award to Old Dominion at its annual Shippers Conference and Transportation Expo on April 26 in Orlando, Fla.
For more information about Old Dominion, visit www.odfl.com or call (800) 432-6335. On Twitter: @ODFL_Inc and Facebook: Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.
About Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) is a leading, less-than-truckload ("LTL"), union-free company providing premium service to all its customers. OD offers regional, inter-regional and national LTL service. In addition to its core LTL services, the company offers its customers a broad range of logistics services including ground and air expedited transportation, supply chain consulting, transportation management, truckload brokerage, container delivery and warehousing. In addition, Old Dominion offers a consumer product for household moving: OD Household Services. Through strategic partnerships, the Company also offers international freight forwarding services throughout the world. Old Dominion's claims ratio and on-time record are among the best in the industry. For more than 80 years, Old Dominion has been helping the world keep promises.
Recently, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
• NASSTRAC honored the company as 2016 Multi-Regional LTL Carrier of the Year for the fourth consecutive year.
• Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion one of America's Best Employers in 2015
• Fortune named CEO David Congdon to its 2015 Businessperson of the Year list.
• For the sixth consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with its Quest for Quality Award.
• The ATA Transportation Security Council awarded OD with its 2015 Excellence in Claims and Loss Prevention Award for the third consecutive year.
• Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the sixth consecutive year.
• 2015 SmartWay Excellence Award winner.
• Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2015 Top 100 Trucker and named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) List for the fifth consecutive year.
• Commercial Carrier Journal ranked OD No. 10 on the 2015 Top 250 Carriers list.
• SupplyChainBrain named ODFL in its 2015 "100 Great Supply Chain Partners" listing.
• Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies for three consecutive years.
# # #
More Info: http://odfl.com