Paragon Software adds resource management functionality
Company enhances routing and scheduling software to help fleet operators better manage available drivers.
Paragon Software Systems, Inc. has added resource management functionality to its routing and scheduling software to help fleet managers better manage their pool of available drivers, the company said this month.
The new functionality lets managers track drivers' vacations, shift patterns, and hours worked, automatically factoring the data into transport plans, the Dallas-based company said. The new capability helps address the tight labor market and driver shortage that transportation companies of all sizes are facing, the firm also said.
Paragon's resource management functionality allows fleet managers to:
- Manage vacation time and approval to avoid too many drivers taking vacation at the same time;
- Automatically generate advanced shift schedules to provide forward visibility and control;
- Comply with Hours of Service (HoS) limits at an individual driver level;
- Track individual driver hours accumulated to avoid overtime.
Essentially, the enhancement improves visibility into driver availability and captures the information in a single system that feeds back into the planning process, company leaders explained. The system also allows fleet managers to create their own list of driver skills, such as "qualified gas fitter" or "carpenter," and the appropriate tools required for each job, ensuring jobs are allocated appropriately.
"Our new resource management functionality allows fleet managers and planners do more with less, plain and simple ... " William Salter, Paragon's CEO, said in a prepared statement. "With resource management functionality, you can rest easy that you are getting maximum efficiency out of your assets, including drivers."
Resources Mentioned In This Article
- Self-driving truck technology is outpacing legislation and regulation in many states, CSCMP panel says
- A TMS partnership that spells sweet success
- DHL Supply Chain says partnership with Convoy, Turvo could boost efficiency
- Uber Freight opens Chicago headquarters
- Report: Cybersecurity lags in logistics industry
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
Feedback: What did you think of this article? We'd like to hear from you. DC VELOCITY is committed to accuracy and clarity in the delivery of important and useful logistics and supply chain news and information. If you find anything in DC VELOCITY you feel is inaccurate or warrants further explanation, please ?Subject=Feedback - : Paragon Software adds resource management functionality">contact Chief Editor David Maloney. All comments are eligible for publication in the letters section of DC VELOCITY magazine. Please include you name and the name of the company or organization your work for.