RedPrairie launches business unit focused on "the cloud"
RedPrairie On-Demand Supply Chain will offer WMS, TMS, more as software-as-a-service.
By Peter Bradley
RedPrairie Corp. announced last week at CSCMP's annual conference that it had launched what it calls the RedPrairie On-Demand Supply Chain. It said the new business unit would focus on helping customers access the supply chain solutions that they need, such as warehouse management and transportation management systems (WMS and TMS), in "the cloud" (or over the Internet as opposed to through hosted solutions).
The development follows the company's acquisitions of on-demand WMS provider SmartTurn in 2010 and TMS provider Shoppers Commonwealth earlier this year.
More coverage from CSCMP Annual Global Conference 2011
- Fox's Varney sounds the alarm
- Chiquita's "undercover boss": supply chain experience inspired companywide changes
- "Talent crisis" panel addresses employee development
- Work from the same page
- Rough waters ahead
- Measures and metrics: remember the basics
- U.S. military learning to do more with less
- IBM releases upgraded network tool
- Menlo applies lean to transportation management