Photo contest highlights forklift safety
Propane Education & Research Council collecting entries June 11 to July 13.
Lift truck training is often taken for granted in a busy warehouse environment, but now an industry group hopes to change that by supporting a photo contest highlighting forklift safety practices.
The Washington, D.C.-based Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) said Monday it had launched the contest to spread awareness of common safety practices that can help users avoid up to 70 percent of all forklift accidents, according to statistics from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Timed to coincide with National Forklift Safety Day on June 12, the photo contest will run from June 11 to July 13. Participants who submit photos of how they safely operate their propane forklifts will receive a free safety poster for their facility and be entered to win catered lunches and T-shirts for their entire facility staff.
Examples of safety photos could include:
- crews wearing protective eyewear, shoes, and clothing,
- forklifts keeping heavier loads low to the ground when in transport,
- managers holding a safety checklist meeting at the beginning of a shift,
- forklift operators inspecting propane cylinders for leaks,
- safe storage of propane cylinders not in use,
- forklift operators wearing a seatbelt, or
- any other safety precautions the crew focuses on every day.
To submit entries, participants can either use an online form or share their photo via social media channels on Facebook or Twitter, using the hashtag #ForkliftSafetyStandard.
Resources Mentioned In This Article
- National Forklift Safety Day 2019 focuses on progress, best practices
- Power play for battery technology
- Lift truck makers celebrate National Forklift Safety Day 2019 with special offers and local events
- UniCarriers launches finance program for dealers
- Industrial health and safety experts to headline National Forklift Safety Day 2019
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
Feedback: What did you think of this article? We'd like to hear from you. DC VELOCITY is committed to accuracy and clarity in the delivery of important and useful logistics and supply chain news and information. If you find anything in DC VELOCITY you feel is inaccurate or warrants further explanation, please ?Subject=Feedback - : Photo contest highlights forklift safety">contact Chief Editor David Maloney. All comments are eligible for publication in the letters section of DC VELOCITY magazine. Please include you name and the name of the company or organization your work for.