Logistics gives back
Here's our monthly roundup of some of the charitable works and donations by companies in the material handling and logistics space.
- Chandler, Ariz.-based logistics solutions provider American Group hosted its fifth annual "Loopers Against Leukemia" fundraising golf tournament on June 2. The event raised $10,000 for Rady's Children's Hospital, a San Diego pediatric facility that is the largest children's hospital in California.
- The Port of Los Angeles has allocated $1 million in grant funding to local nonprofits through its annual Community Investment Sponsorship Program. The program disburses up to $1 million annually to projects benefiting the communities surrounding the port and the Los Angeles waterfront. Among the 30 organizations that received grants were the Boys & Girls Club of Los Angeles Harbor, the Marine Mammal Care Center, and the Los Angeles Parks Foundation.
- Transport and logistics giant UPS Inc. awarded over $10 million in grants to advance diversity and inclusion programs this year, funding 44 different organizations focused on economic empowerment, education/scholarships, work training, and social and gender equality. Recipients included groups that support diversity and inclusion through economic and educational empowerment, capacity building, and human trafficking prevention.
- Dallas-based logistics service provider Transplace (in top photo) held a silent auction at its 16th annual Shipper Symposium, raising $20,000 for Kidd's Kids, a local charity that supports families of children with life-altering or life-threatening conditions. The funds will help recipients spend five days in Walt Disney World and have a chance to experience the exuberance of being "normal" kids.
- Calgary, Alberta-based Canadian Pacific Railway's "CP Has Heart" charitable arm donated $100,000 to the Heart Beats Children's Society of Calgary, a charity supporting families dealing with congenital heart disease. The funds were raised through the railroad's supplier golf tournament.
Through CP Has Heart, @CanadianPacific's Supplier Golf tournament donated $100,000 to @HeartBeatsChild to assist Calgary children born with congenital heart defects and their families. Our team of railroaders is very proud to support #LittleHearts across North America. pic.twitter.com/IAJTfFcTJI— CP Has Heart (@CPhasHeart) July 12, 2018
Resources Mentioned In This Article
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
Feedback: What did you think of this article? We'd like to hear from you. DC VELOCITY is committed to accuracy and clarity in the delivery of important and useful logistics and supply chain news and information. If you find anything in DC VELOCITY you feel is inaccurate or warrants further explanation, please ?Subject=Feedback - : Logistics gives back">contact Chief Editor David Maloney. All comments are eligible for publication in the letters section of DC VELOCITY magazine. Please include you name and the name of the company or organization your work for.