Third annual National Forklift Safety Day slated for June 14
Forklift manufacturers will once again head to Washington to educate customers, policymakers, and government officials about the safe use of forklifts and the importance of proper operator training.
Forklift safety will be a hot topic on Capitol Hill again this week. On June 14, members of the Industrial Truck Association (ITA), which represents lift truck manufacturers and suppliers of component parts and accessories, will take part in the third annual National Forklift Safety Day. This annual event provides an opportunity for the industry to educate customers, policymakers, and government officials about the safe use of forklifts and the importance of proper operator training.
The main event will be held at the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill Hotel, 400 New Jersey Ave., Washington, D.C., from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The program will feature the following speakers:
- Brett Wood, President and CEO, Toyota Material Handling North America, ITA Chairman of the Board
- The Honorable Tim Walberg, U.S. House of Representatives (Mich.), Chairman, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections, Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Jordan Barab, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Occupational Health & Safety Administration
- James Radous III, President, UniCarriers Americas, ITA NFSD Task Force Chairman
- Dr. Wes Scott, Consulting Services Director, National Safety Council
Forklift manufacturers, dealers, and distributors around the country will also hold local events promoting forklift safety.
ITA says it hopes National Forklift Safety Day will provide greater awareness of safe practices as well as encourage safer behavior in warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, and other environments where forklifts are in use.
Washington-based ITA represents manufacturers of lift trucks, tow tractors, rough-terrain vehicles, hand-pallet trucks, and automated guided vehicles in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. The organization promotes international standards development, advances engineering and safety practices, disseminates statistical information, and holds industry forums.
Forklift makers speak out on safety
To commemorate National Forklift Safety Day, we invited lift truck providers to share their thoughts on the safe operation of forklifts. Click on the links below to read what they have to say.
Resources Mentioned In This Article
- National Forklift Safety Day 2019 focuses on progress, best practices
- Power play for battery technology
- Lift truck makers celebrate National Forklift Safety Day 2019 with special offers and local events
- UniCarriers launches finance program for dealers
- Industrial health and safety experts to headline National Forklift Safety Day 2019
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
Feedback: What did you think of this article? We'd like to hear from you. DC VELOCITY is committed to accuracy and clarity in the delivery of important and useful logistics and supply chain news and information. If you find anything in DC VELOCITY you feel is inaccurate or warrants further explanation, please ?Subject=Feedback - : Third annual National Forklift Safety Day slated for June 14">contact Chief Editor David Maloney. All comments are eligible for publication in the letters section of DC VELOCITY magazine. Please include you name and the name of the company or organization your work for.