Accolades: awards and recognition
- Safe passage. The U.S. Coast Guard has honored the master and crew of an APL containership for rescuing a family whose yacht was floundering in 15-foot swells. The June rescue by the APL Japan occurred in the Atlantic Ocean, 1,600 miles off the U.S. coast. The crew was honored by the Coast Guard shortly after docking in New York.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Chris Cole and Jim McCarthy, CEO and president/COO, respectively, of Intelligrated, have received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the Manufacturing category for businesses located in South Central Ohio and Kentucky. The award recognizes entrepreneurs who are building and leading dynamic, growing businesses.
- Inner Harbor honors. The Port of Baltimore Tricentennial Committee has won a Telly Award for its video presentation titled "The Great Port of Baltimore: The First 300 Years." The award was received in conjunction with video production company Adventure Productions. The annual Telly Awards recognize the best local, regional, and cable television commercials, programs, and video productions.
- Must be a great place to work. The Aftermarket Parts Distribution Center for Clark Material Handling in Louisville, Ky., has won the Governor's Safety & Health Award. Representatives from OSHA and the Kentucky Department of Labor recognized the employees of the facility, who have worked more than five years (429,000 hours) without a lost-time accident.
- A willing Volunteer. John ("Tom") Mentzer of the University of Tennessee's College of Business Administration has won the Berkman Distinguished Service Award from the Academy of Marketing Sciences. Mentzer is a recognized expert and author in the field of logistics management.
- Smoke them if you got 'em. DSC Logistics has been awarded a Supplier Achievement Award from Phillip Morris USA. The recognition was given in the area of customer service and merchandising. Phillip Morris has been a DSC customer since 1978. DSC provides the cigarette company with logistics management services, transportation services (including global shipping and domestic transportation), and value-added services.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
Feedback: What did you think of this article? We'd like to hear from you. DC VELOCITY is committed to accuracy and clarity in the delivery of important and useful logistics and supply chain news and information. If you find anything in DC VELOCITY you feel is inaccurate or warrants further explanation, please ?Subject=Feedback - : accolades: awards and recognition">contact Editorial Director Peter Bradley. All comments are eligible for publication in the letters section of DC VELOCITY magazine. Please include you name and the name of the company or organization your work for.